FJLS takes a holistic view, combining industry insight with the technical skills of financial and tax professionals, economists, lawyers and our other in-house resources as necessary, to develop comprehensive integrated solutions. FJLS provides professional advisory services for Direct Tax and Indirect Taxes. While Direct Tax is a Federal levy, Indirect Tax comprises of both Federal and State levies. Direct tax primarily comprises of income tax on individuals and corporate tax on companies. Indirect taxes are primarily levied on transactions relating to goods and services.
FJLS has a dedicated team of experts who (i) handles litigation before all forums such as Supreme Court, High Court, Tax Tribunals and Tax Authorities; (ii) assist the clients with the best structures and tax planning coupled with extensive experience in handling tax aspects of mergers, acquisition and joint venture transactions, debt restructuring as well as in a wide range of state and local taxation law issues; (iii) advises on compliances to be made by the entities or individuals under various taxation laws.
The direct tax team comprising of lawyers and chartered accountants, many of whom have multiple qualifications, offers a comprehensive array of tax advisory services. India has an integrated corporate tax system. We closely follow all legislative changes and court decisions to provide cost effective advice and assistance to our clients.
The team has relevant experience and capability to advise on non-resident taxation and related exchange control issues, transfer pricing issues in case of cross border transactions with related parties, applicability of withholding taxes, designing of tax-efficient salary structure, feasible India entry options, tax planning, tax issues in respect of cross-border transactions including mitigation of permanent establishment exposure, tax efficient structuring of strategic foreign investment, choice of financial instruments, repatriation strategies, tax advice in respect of private equity funds, Indian sub-advisory offices and efficient use of international tax treaties. The team also assists the clients in addressing
FJLS also renders the following services to its clients:
- Inbound tax advisory
- Assisting in filing various tax returns
- Obtaining no-objection certificates
- Assisting during tax audit
- Assisting in obtaining advance rulings
- Alignment of tax with business strategies
Indirect TaxFJLS advises clients across a wide spectrum of tax and regulatory laws including those related to excise, customs, service tax, value added tax / central sales tax etc.
The Firm advises on various key issues like
- Classification of goods under Excise & Customs Tariffs
- Issues pertaining to entry tax, excise duty implications and CENVAT
- Eligibility for various exemptions & concessions
- Determining arm’s length price in case import transactions are between related group entities
- Levy of anti-dumping and safeguard duties both for & against
- Availing of various export incentives under the Foreign Trade Policy
- Liability for Service Tax under agreements entered with group or other service providers
- VAT implications on the supply chains.
FJLS and / or its associates appear(s) before diverse adjudicating authorities including Customs, Excise & Service Tax Appel-late Tribunal (‘CESTAT’), State VAT Tribunals, the High Courts and the Supreme Court of India.